Bienvenidos

guten Appetit

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Miraflores

Today I brought my luggage to The South American Explorers´club house where they can safely store it for me until I return to Lima. I decided not to bring my laptop with me for fear it would get stolen somehow. It´s just not worth the risk, especially with so many Internet cafe´s etc. around.

I took a taxi to the house, dropped off my stuff and walked to a German-owned vegetarian restaurant. The food was decent, unfortunately a little bland, but the neighborhood and customers were of a really interesting mix of people and cultures. I encountered a great many tourists and a lot of businesses that directed themselves towards foreigners (Like the ¨Sport Corner¨ bar and restaurant). The area looks completely different than Lince and other boroughs as it´s clean, rich and riddled with very expensive looking establishments.

At the very southern end of Miraflores is the ocean, covered in a dense layer of fog. There are some lovely look-outs and very friendly people everywhere.

Unfortunately I didn´t bring my camera with me today, but I will have ample opportunity to take pictures of Miraflores once I live there.

Tomorrow I´m off to meet with a fellow couchsurfer to have some coffee and after I´m taking the bus to go to Ica.

I will hopefully be able to find a computer there

No comments:

Post a Comment