Bienvenidos

guten Appetit

Monday, March 8, 2010

Musical encounter in el parque Kennedy

Upon feeling like a complete loser for not leaving my house, I went for a walk today, which ended in the Kennedy park. I saw a few people playing guitar and singing, so I sat down on the other side of the of the ovalo and enjoyed their rendition of "Hotel California" from afar. Needless to say, a gringa sitting sola in the park doesn't remain so for a long time: one of the dudes came over immediately, introduced himself, and played me a song that he wrote. He then proceeded to "improvise" a song containing my name, and telling me that he is going to record it and burn me a copy.
Soon thereafter I was surrounded by his fellow band mates and a drunken old couple that was singing, dancing, clapping and beatboxing jollily along with the songs they played. It was a grand old time.
Men here are extremely predictable and I'm starting to learn how to avoid getting them to "fall in love" with me. The trick lies in persistently giving the cold shoulder, and laughing at their corny attempts to make you feel smitten. With enough time they'll go away.
I also told them about Jack and how he has written hundreds of songs, which was a rather mean thing to say after guitarist man was trying to impress me with the fact that he's written four.
He's now trying to get a hold of a violin so I can play something for him that he can record. I highly doubt this will ever happen, but I'm not opposed to it. Mainly I'm very happy to have found them. Now I can go to the park every day and be entertained by them when I'm bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment