Bienvenidos

guten Appetit

Sunday, May 30, 2010

another new house...

For the third (and hopefully last) time I have moved to a new location, this time in the beautiful Barranco. It is considered the most "artsy" and bohemian part of Lima and attracts many young people who primarily come here to enjoy the rich night life. My house has an excellent view and a roof from which you can see a good portion of the city.

I live with an absolutely wonderful group of people who inspire me and keep me balanced while I'm embarking on the home stretch of school work, which has the potential to drive me absolutely insane. On the downside to this new heaven of a house, my commute has been augmented to being about 1 hour and 30 minutes from the previous 45 minutes to an hour.

Life here has slowed down a little, and the busy streets of Miraflores and the party atmosphere of my old neighborhood have receded into my memory while I listen to the ocean's waves in stead of car alarms and the permeating reggaeton beat streaming out of the night clubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment